Last night the board joined Indigenous business owners from around South East Queensland, the Premier of Queensland Annastacia Palaszczuk and the Minister for Innovation, Science and the Digital Economy and the Minister for Small Business Leeanne Enoch to celebrate Indigenous Business Month.
Recognising the importance of Indigenous business to both the community and economy, the Queensland government announced the establishment of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Business and Innovation Group that will be chaired by Minister Leeanne Enoch.
The aim of the group will be to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander entrepreneurs and innovators and support the developing of existing businesses across Queensland. The 13 members of the group include:
- Charlie Jia, SEQICC
- Colin Saltmere, Myuma Group and Rainbow Gateway Ltd
- Donisha Duff, Kidney Health Australia
- Leanne Wilson, Regional Economic Solutions
- Leesa Watego, Iscariot Media
- Leigh Harris, Ingeous Studios
- Julie-ann Lambourne, enVision Group Inc
- Michelle Deshong, Michelle Deshong & Associates Consulting
- Noel Niddrie, Winangali
- Shane Kennelly, Kennelly Constructions
- Terri Waller, SevGen Indigenous Corporation
- Wanita Gosbee
- Wayne Denning, Carbon Creative
Visit the Indigenous Business Month Facebook page for more about Indigenous Business Month and images from the evening.